Friday, May 14, 2010

Portion Control

Yeah well... I am dieting AGAIN...

I am doing a popular shake routine and have lost 6 pounds in 6 days! I am learning a lot about food that I thought I would share with you.

The very first thing I reminded myself is that people eat with their eyes first. So I bought some smaller plates. (the square white ones that you see in every food magazine) If the food looks like a larger portion compared to the size of the plate, I tend to feel more full when I finish my plate. Thus, I am eating less.

Snack throughout the day. I am eating or having a shake 6 times a day! Yeah 6 TIMES a day. I am never hungry though out the day now. I bought those little 100 calorie snack packs and they are a perfect little snack to fend off hunger pains.

The plan I am on requires me to eat a meal that is 500 calories. I can fit a lot of food in for under 500 calories. I can have a salad, soup, and sandwich....or a salad and a serving of a casserole etc.... The key is that I usually always have a small salad and I try to have at least a tiny portion of dessert!

I am having cravings though...I want my beloved Taco Bueno....I will be checking their website for nutritional ratings later today to see if I make something on their menu a meal!

I am also saving lots of money from my diet, visit my Finance Blog to read how. www.ABuckADayBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment