Thursday, December 1, 2016

Making Salsa

I work at a grocery store and sometimes I have the fortune of buying large amounts of tomatoes that don't measure up to showroom standards.  These tomatoes are perfectly fine and I cant stand to see them go in the trash, so I buy them.



6 pounds tomatoes

3 cloves garlic

2 onions

1 serrano pepper

2 jalepeno peppers

3 tomatillos

8 oz fire roasted corn

8 oz canned black beans



In a blender I completely decimate the tomatoes and add them to a large sauce pot on low heat.  I then seed the peppers and finely dice them along with the onions.  Those too are added to the pot.  I add the tomatillos and garlic to the blender until finely chopped, then add to the pot.  Your mixture should be slightly boiling now, let bubble away for about 5 minutes.  Add the corn, beans, and S&P to taste.



I spoon thes hot into mason jars and let cool on the counter before storing in a ajr in he fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment