Saturday, December 31, 2016

Cranberry Sweet and Sour Sauce

Every year during the holidays we are all faced with what to do with leftovers.  Well, with this sauce, the possibilities are endless.  I started my taking some of my mothers leftover dressing, dipping it in egg, then cracker meal, the frying until golden brown and delicious!  But what makes this recipe stand out is the Cranberry Sweet and Sour Sauce that I made to go with them!




Ingredients:
1/4 cup brown sugar
12 oz orange juice
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 cup Cape Cod Select Cranberries

In a sauce pot on low heat combine all ingredients and let simmer for about 15 minutes.  I then took my immersion blender and made the mixture smooth.  Let cool to thicken slightly!  This makes a great dip for any fried foods or even as a tangy salad dressing!

*TIP* you can strain the sauce before serving to make it even smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment