Friday, September 9, 2011

I tried something new...

I was walking through the meat section of my local megamart and saw something new. Boudain....

Boudain...
A sausage like meat product made from Pork, rice, pork livers and other seasonings, served inside pork intestine. Popular in Louisiana.

I have never had this product so I bought it. When I got home I had no idea on how to prepare..the directions told me to simmer in in water or slowly cook on a grill. I knew that I wanted to prepare it so that I could take it for lunch at work.

I took some pizza dough and added a few leaves of fresh bab spinach, then put the boudain on top of the nest of spinach. I sealed it up in the dough and baked at 350 for 20 minutes. Sliced it kind of thin and at it with a little mustard and ketchup.

The flavor was 'alright' I would have loved a little more liver flavor and it was a little spicy for my taste....and I like spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment