Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Broth Ideas

Yesterday it was raining and I was craving broth in some form or fashion, so I ran to the store and purchased some low sodium chicken broth. Here is what I put together and it was GOOD!
8 cups Chicken Broth
1 teaspoon dried parsley flake
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce (adds umami)
2 potatoes diced
6 green onions chopped
1/4 cup rice
4 ounces ground beef
S&P to taste (I like mine a little on the salty side)
In a large cast iron pot I browned the meat and potatoes, added in the rest of the ingredients and let simmer covered for about 2 hours, the last 30 minutes I left the lid off so that the flavors could reduce and become thicker. I ate mine with some Jiffy on the side. I had it for Lunch and Dinner because it was so good!
This would be good with some Celery, Carrots, and Peas, but I didn't want to go back to the store.
What do you make when you are craving broth?

No comments:

Post a Comment