Friday, June 24, 2016

Super Simple Curry

When I was working for a large retail chain in East Texas, one of my employees would make me dinners from her native country, India.  I kept asking for her recipes but she would never tell, so I had to recreate them myself.  

Ingredients:

1/2 head cauliflower (chopped)
1 sm onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 cup pre cooked chicken (leave out to make vegetarian)
1 can chickpeas (drained)
1 yellow squash (chopped)
1 tablespoon curry powder 
1 teaspoon graham Marsala 
1 teaspoon turmeric 
Handful of raisins
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon oil
S&P to taste


I know it looks like a lot of ingredients but it is really simple.  In a large pan add the oil, cauliflower, squash, onion, chickpeas, and garlic... Gently sauté until tender.  Once tender, add everything else and simmer for about 15 minutes.  Garnish with parsley or green onions and serve over rice or egg noodles.   Too Simple! 


No comments:

Post a Comment