Friday, September 27, 2013

Chef Terry Frech....The Extreme Chef, #RebelChef Interview & Tips

Let me tell you about an individual that is Out of This World Over the Top! (but in a good way)
I am talking about none other than Extreme Chef Terry French.  He is considered the Extreme Chef because he beat out many other chefs on the Reality show, Most Extreme Chef.  On that show he had to capture/cook all kinds of weird creatures and cook in some of the most unforgiving environments.

So... I had just arrived at the Convention Center and already had a quick photo op with Bobby Deen.  I went over and picked up my credentials and ventured off into the show.  They started making announcements for the first Cooking Demo with Chef Terry French.  I walked into the Demo area and started getting my camera out.  That is when Extreme Chef Terry French walked right in front of me, looked me up and down, and said, "Hey Brother, make sure if you get pictures of me that I ain't picking my nose or something, only good pics!"  And that was my first run in with Chef Terry.  I stayed and watched the demo... He made an amazing Crab and Avocado Salad as well as entertaining the crowd that showed up for the demo.

 
The next day was my chance to interview "The Rebel Chef" Terry.  He had just finished his first interview of the day and I was #2.  We walked around the showroom until he found a booth that had some old fence wood that we were going to use as a background.  I asked him 3 questions and told him to talk about it on camera.  He pulled it off like a champ as you can see in the video below.  He signed an autograph for me and said he would be in touch.  He had to leave a little early to catch a flight to go crabbing...

 
As he was leaving I learned that he stayed in the same hotel as me and it was his Birthday that day!  Happy Late Birthday Chef Terry!

Skip ahead a few days... I had just posted my interview with Debi and Gabriele from #ExtraVirgin.  I get a tweet from Chef Terry asking for my phone #.  I DM it back.  He calls and starts asking where his interview is, that I chose the beautiful girl from Brooklyn over him. (I had already started editing his interview)  I was starting to get worried that I  had actually pissed off the Chef. (See, I was just trying to build up to my Paula Deen Post, and he was second in that climax building)  He then says, "Hey, I'm just kidding with ya, but I've got a lot of things coming up and just want to make sure I have your contact info.  We talked about a few things that he has coming up, he invited me to a few events coming up. (Mind you, Chef is a colorful character and likes to use VERY COLORFUL language that I wont use here)  Now that I look back on it, it was hilarious!  Thank you Chef!

I have to tell you about this story though.  Okay, Chef and I are staying in the same hotel, (So was another co-worker of mine but didn't know it at the time) and there is a fire alarm at 2AM.  Chef is still up partying like an animal since it was his birthday and I sleep right through it and had no clue.  Turns out "Party Chef" had a hot tub full of beautiful women singing him Happy Birthday!  Man.... I always miss the fun.



Chef, I can't wait til the next time you are in Dallas, I am going to take you up on your offer to go get in trouble!

If you ever get a chance to meet The Rebel Chef in person... do it!  You can see where he will be appearing next on his website: www.ChefTerryFrench.com or follow him on twitter at www.Twitter.com/Chef_French Check back here often because Chef Terry has some awesome opportunities coming up and he promised that we could come along for the ride! 

See more pictures of Chef Terry French at www.facebook.com/TeeJayToday and on his website... tell him TeeJay sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment