Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sometimes it just doesnt work

I want people to not be scared to experiment in the kitchen...Sometimes my stuff doesnt work either...but I get ideas on what might work next time.

2 examples today...one worked and one didnt!

Today I wanted potato salad but I didnt want to wait 30 minutes to cook a single potato..so I put it in the microwave for 3 minutes...blended it with other potato salad ingredients and it worked perfectly....

Then later a neighbor brought over a whole mess of squash....so I started thinking...could I fry these like potato chips...I tried...didnt work well enough...I ruined a squash but I learned that if I want to try this again...I will have to cut the squash and put them in a food dehydrator for a few hours to remove excess moisture before frying them....

No comments:

Post a Comment