Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unlikely Foods

Okay, so I was walking through my favorite grocery store one day after work and decided that I was going to try different foods and write about them. Here is what I bought.

Beef liver
Beef Kidney
Black Pudding
Chicken Liver
Irish Bacon
Lemon Curd
Irish Toffee
Beef Heart

I have to admit that I have had Beef and Chicken Liver before and I realy like them, but I have never had Kidney before. It tasted like liver and gizzard mixed together. I will NEVER buy another kidney, but some people like it. The Black Pudding or Blood Sausage was interesting, at first I didnt know what to think, but the more I ate of it the better it got. It has an odd spice to it that I dont associate with sausage. It does not taste like blood. Irish bacon is pretty good, it reminded me of Canadian Bacon, it is not smoked like American Bacon. I cooked the Irish Bacon and added it to a homemade hamburger. MMMMMMM. The Lemon Curd was really tart but was perfect on some crackers, toast, and cookies. The Irish Toffee just tasted like candy, nothing special or different. I have yet to cook the Beef Heart but I am thinking about a stew or something. Let me know if you want me to try something new or different!

No comments:

Post a Comment